I had to whip something up quickly because we were meant to head out to Auckland (1 1/2 hour trip). I had bought some ready-made tortilla wraps so decided to make taco wraps.
Fairly simple and straight forward. The only time consuming thing in this recipe would be the chicken, as I boiled it, shredded it and then fried onions in a little bit of oil, added garlic, ginger then added the chicken to it. I mixed together mashed avocado, diced tomatoes and crumbled feta with a squirt of lemon juice (it really zings it up).
Sprinkle with grated cheese. Then melt cheese and pour it over
- 2 breast chicken
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 200g feta crumbled
- 3/4 ripe avocado mashed
- 1 tomato diced
- squirt of lemon juice
- grated cheese
- 6 tortilla wraps (I used 6" wraps)
- Boil the chicken breast in salted water, once cooked shred it. Heat a little bit of oil in a pot/wok and fry the onions till slightly brown and soft, Add the garlic and ginger, cook for about 30 seconds. Mix in the shredded chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the feta, avocado, tomato and the squirt of lemon juice together.
- Preheat the tortilla wraps according to the packet instructions. As soon as the wraps are done add a bit of the chicken and the avocado mix in the center, add grated cheese on top and slide it into a preheated oven (high) for about 40 sec, or until the cheese has melted.
- Slide them onto a plate and wrap it up, and if you need it to stay put pierce it with a toothpick!