Who wants to try this scrumptious meaty loaf?!?! This recipe was tweaked from ‘nz’s favourite recipe’, the meatloaf recipe is tweaked, but the bbq sauce is exactly as it is on their website.
You can throw in any herbs you have on hand. I’ve added fresh parsley, dried basil and garlic an herb sea salt. Just mix everything in with the mince and your all done!
This is the loaf, all prepared to go into the oven.
It is really moist and bursting full of flavor, it is so good that my husband often requests it.
Cook’s note: I have used these types of breadcrumbs in meat loafs before: fresh, panko, wholegrain and normal. They all work great with the meat loaf.
The bbq sauce is very simple to make, you just have to combine everything together and bring it to a boil on the stove, just like the meatloaf…
This time round I served meatloaf with green beans and corn sautéed in butter and shallow fried potatoes. Other sides you can serve are: mashed potatoes, kumara (fries style cut, boiled and fried a little to get them crispy) or even mashed kumara, steamed veggies of any sort, there is an endless list…
I always use leftover meatloaf to make burgers for the next meal.
- 750 gram beef mince
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion chopped into fine pieces
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 water
- Dried or fresh herbs
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup worchester sauce
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 30 grams butter
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients till well mixed and smooth, shape into a loaf in an oven dish. Cook for 30 minutes at about 180 degrees, while the loaf is cooking prepare the sauce.
- For the sauce combine all ingredients and bring it to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes. You then just pour the sauce over the loaf and cook for another 45 minutes, basting frequently. Check to see if loaf is cooked before serving.