Really fishy and delicious!
These fish cakes make a nice meal with veggies on the side. These are actually served at fish an chips shop in Britain. It has a crunchy coating on the outside with a creamy, yes creamy, wondering how it got creamy…mashed potatoes…mixed in with the fish with hints of lemon, delicious on its own or even more yummy with tartar sauce. These make an excellent quick lunch! I had some fish cakes left over (which I hadn’t fried yet), I popped them into the fridge and served it for dinner.
- 450g fish fillet smoked flavour
- 1 onion chopped
- handful of chopped coriander
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoon milk
- Mix the first 7 ingredients. Shape them into patties. Whisk together the milk and egg. Dip the fish cakes into the egg mixture, coating well. Coat with the breadcrumbs. And shallow fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Make sure the oil reaches half way up when placing the fish cakes into the oil, this ensures it is golden brown on the sides as well.
- Normal tuna can be used in place of smoked flavour.