This has got to be the cheapest snack slash savoury you can make, with just a bit of work you’ll have a crunchy onion ring, yup that’s right an ONION ring.
Who would have thought that one day people would be eating fried onions?!?! Sounds crazy right, but no, not so crazy when you hear that its not just plain fried onions, its actually a whole lot more and this is how the story goes
Like I said a bit of work but a satisfying end, don’t you think?
- 1 onion cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- black pepper and salt or garlic and herb sea salt
- Generously season your flour with either black pepper and salt or garlic and herb sea salt. Separate the onion rings and put them into the milk. Scoop them out of the milk and coat with the seasoned flour.
- Dunk again into the milk then coat with breadcrumbs.
- First layer of crispiness done.
- For the last time dunk into milk and coat with breadcrumbs. Deep fry till golden brown and serve with any desired sauce.