Now who can resist ↓
Very few people can. This does not only have chocolate chips but it also has bananas (mashed bananas). This recipe is both diary and egg free. Yet the muffin is deliciously so very moist. A good substitute for eggs is pureed fruit, in this case I used mashed/pureed bananas and the chocolate chips were added for extra oomph! Making it perfect for lunch boxes, one of the most common dilemmas mums face on school days is “what should I pack in their lunch boxes?”, I get that a lot from my mum :).
- 3 cups flour - sieved 3 times
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 3 teaspoon vanilla essence
- rice milk (or your choice of any other milk)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the oil, mashed bananas and vanilla essence. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into it. Mix it well. Using your choice of milk (I used rice milk) add about 1/4 cup and mix, if the batter is still too thick add another 1/4 cup of milk. Pour into a prepared muffin tray lined with muffin cases (about 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter per muffin).
- Bake for 15-20 min, or until slightly browned on the top and a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.