Only have 15 to 20 minutes on hand to whip up something for lunch or dinner. Then this
bowl dish here is your new best friend, I say best friend cause its mine when I’m in a hurry or when I feel l a z y. Now don’t we all need a friend like that sometimes?
You can easily double the recipe or triple it or quadruple it, you get the point right?!?! This is something my mum use to make for us kiddos 🙂 I have only ever made and tasted this with the ‘Indomie Mi Goreng’ noodles. I have no idea what it will taste like with other noodle brands, you could always give it a go. But saying all that I highly recommend making this with ‘Indomie Mi Goreng’ noodles. Now let me show you the moves and grooves of this easy yet delicious noodle dish/bowl.
Pour boiling water on top of your broken noodles. The noodles should be drowning in the water *jokes*. Cover the dish with a saucer or lid to trap the steam in. Let it sit for a good solid 10-15 minutes. Don’t worry you wont be sitting goose while the noodles are drowning.
Prepare and cook the egg/s, in my case it was just an egg.
Now you know those sachets that come with the noodles cut them up and mix the contents together in a small bowl. All contents are needed except the chilli one, that one is optional. Once the noodles have become al dente, drain the water and mix the sachet contents into it.
- Boiling water
- 1 packet ‘Indomie Mi Goreng’ noodle
- 1 egg
- 1/4 onion, peeled and chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Break your noodle into four parts and put them into a deep bowl, pour boiling water over it, making sure noodles are sufficiently covered. Cover with a lid or saucer to prevent steam from escaping.
- Mix egg, salt and black pepper. Heat the oil on a frying pan. Add the onions to the pan and cook till softened, add the egg and cook. You are basically making scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl pour all the contents of the noodle sachets in, the chilli one is optional. Check the noodles, they should be al dente after 10-12 minutes. Drain the water and immediately mix in the mixed sachets spices. Add the scrambled egg, mix again and serve hot.